It’s crunch time people! You may have some last minute shopping to do, and I got you covered! 😉 I find that as women, it is generally easier for us to get other women gifts. It doesn’t matter if you are very close to a person or not, girls are just so easy to shop for, gift giving is such a breeze! But for guys, it’s a totally different story. Even if you know the person so well, finding the perfect present is such a chore! I thought I’d share my tips on what to give the men in your life for the something they will trully appreciate and not just toss aside. These are also applicable for any occasion not just Christmas. Be it for Birthdays, Anniversary, Graduation etc. So if you want to impress and not show up empty-handed, read on.
- Give Him What He wants, Not What You Think He May Want. If you ask him what he wants, and he says “I want a PS4 and you can afford it, then just get it, he will love you for it. Obviously knowing your man or uncle or brother or friend is key to get him a present he will surely love. But what if you’re on a budget or can’t get exactly what he wants? Then read on..
- Make It a No-Brainer. It sounds so cliche or easy but gift cards are will be very much appreciated by any man in your life. He can get what he wants, and it’s all on you! Is he your teenage cousin? Get him a Nike or Adidas gift card. Your uncle who is on his phone all day? Get him an Itunes card. And of course obvious ones like Amazon, Target or from any popular restaurants are good too!
- Find Clues In His Social Media. If you really want to impress, or you feel like this person means so much to you, go ahead and stalk his social- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. and see what he’s into. Did he just go to a book signing of his favorite author? Then boom! You have a gift idea! 🙂
- Give Something Useful. Guys are no-frills (or most of them anyway) meaning the more simple it is, the better. Gift sets like some cute pj’s, soap and shampoo (My hubby loves Kiehl’s), snack boxes, etc will always be classic gifts you can give anytime. Think stuff he can use though, like don’t get something that looks (or smells) too girly or feminine. Look at how it’s packaged too, if it’s anything that you yourself might want to use, ditch it and find some more masculine alternatives.
- If All Else Fails, Give Travel and Tech. There are tons of deals in Groupon (or similar sites) for any budget, especially for travel and things to do in any particular hotspot. A fancy dinner out of town? Horseback-riding in his nearby area? Bowling for two? A hotel deal an hour from his place? Yes, yes, yes and yes! If any of those still don’t float your boat, other guy faves are: bluetooth speakers, headphones, travel accessories like bags and luggage, among other things. More guy gift ideas below. 🙂
So there you have it my top tips on finding the guys in your life a gift they will treasure and love, or at least use for a while. Let me know what you are getting your peeps so I can put them on next year’s list! 🙂
More Guy Gift Ideas: