It is such a shock to me on how fast time flies! It’s almost 2018 and with the New Year fast approaching, here we are again trying to cough up the same old resolutions, trying to be the best versions of ourselves. But haven’t you thought to yourself that most of these are just promises? So this time around I decided to create a more realistic approach to resolutions. Voila! The practical girl’s guide in crushing 2018. These are not resolutions, better yet they are reminders as we sometimes tend to forget some of them in our crazy daily lives. So read on, and oh Happy New Year! 🙂
1. Say Goodbye to Promises to a Better You. Trying to lose weight? Score a new boyfriend? Or how about that new car that you’ve been eyeing? Stop making unrealistic promises to yourself and start LIVING your best life girl! Newsflash, the world is not gonna stop if you are unable to meet these demands on yourself. Better yet, your family and friends (if they are real friends) will always love you for who you are and what you have. Setting goals for yourself is great, unrealistic ones ain’t.
2. Realize that You’re Human. So you didn’t work out this week because of your crazy work schedule. Ehem me. Big deal. Work out when you get the chance. Stop being so hard on yourself because that actually causes you a lot of stress and anxiety more than you can think it does. And this is the same towards your attitude to others. Stop being so judgemental and hypercritical. You are not perfect and so are they.
3. Be Grateful. As women, we want soo many things. We want everything! We want perfection in all aspects of life. Or most things. Be it your Instagram photo, the handwriting on a Christmas card, your hair etc etc…And we want things, things we probably already have dozens of. Sometimes we become such mindless consumers that we forget what we already have. Just examine your closet. The next time you want something, think about people who are less fortunate. They would kill for your last year’s $100 sweater. Some people have not even seen a $100 bill. Just be grateful for what you have and give willingly to people who need it.
4. Be in the Present. When my husband and I drive out of town, as always, my nose is always on my phone. Like constantly. He would sometimes point out stuff on the road and I would miss seeing it. Bummer. Enjoy moments with the people you love by not only being physically present, but emotionally and mentally as well. And that means put your phone away during dates, meals or conversations. The beauty of life, nature and everything else is upon you right this minute and you are not taking part of it. Be present and aware. 🙂
5. Take Time to Breathe. Our grandparents were fortunate of living in an era where there is less stress, activities, chores, things to do. Hell if my grandma was alive she would raise her brows at me when I tell her it takes hours to do a single blog post. And so does updating all your social media. And raising kids. You get the picture. Meditation and taking some time alone to reflect on your day is so important. Be it yoga or going to the spa, you need these downtimes to not only recuperate from a long day’s work, but to keep you aware of what matters to you. It helps you focus.
6. Beat Rejection to a Pulp. Single this new year? Can’t seem to get a break? Don’t fret. You are not alone! There are so many people on the same boat as you and others who have it in the worst way. Take time to grieve, then pick yourself up, and move on. You will know your true strength after life’s tough trials. You are amazing. Now go live your amazing life!
7. Choose to Be Happy, Not Perfect. Ever heard of the saying that happiness is a choice? I am a believer of that. Being in my early thirties and having had my share of difficult times in life, I understand that there are ups and downs. Sometimes more downs. I see these circumstances as challenges to make me a better person. And I realize that nobody’s life is perfect. And when I feel down, I think of people who may be suffering or in a worse situation than I am. Then I count my blessings. I believe happiness comes from a grateful heart! 😉
8. Stay True to Yourself. This is 2018 people. Get out of the damn closet! Literally and figuratively! If you are not living as your true self, it is high time sister! I understand that some people are afraid of judgement of others, or fear their reputation. Screw those haters, trust me you will find more people who will love you for who you really are. If not, then it is time to find new friends. Just DO YOU already.
9. Love Yourself. Because you are unique and there is no one in this world like you. You are a gift from God and made for a special purpose for this earth. Find out what that is bask in all the glory! I know people who are amazing but inside, they hate themselves. How can you give love if you don’t love yourself? Love yourself and love will find you. 🙂
10. Reach For the Stars. And Believe in Yourself. Want to start a business? Learn how. Want to work abroad? Look for opportunities. The key is believing that you can do it, taking action and doing all you can to make it happen. After all, the most successful people in this world had to start somewhere. The question is will you? Life is waiting for you to take your fair share! The sky is the limit! I believe in you. Start today. 🙂
Shop this post: